November 2014 Philanthropy
Girls Incorporated of Holyoke
Girls Incorporated of Holyoke is a nonprofit organization with the mission to inspire all girls in our community to be strong, smart and bold by providing them the opportunity to develop and achieve their full potential.
Girls ages 5-18 are able to engage in educational youth development programs that are research driven and designed to meet the specific needs of girls who are faced with many challenges. Whether this support means exploring career choices, gaining confidence in community leadership, promoting self-expression, being respectful to themselves, embracing diversity, or achieving economic independence, Girls Inc. is here to be their main support.
Girls Inc. has the priority to listen to girls, respond to their needs, and provide them with the opportunity to make positive change in both their community and in their own lives.
Girls Inc. Vision & Philosophical Framework:
At Girls Incorporated of Holyoke our vision for girls is one of an equitable society.
We advocate for and provide an environment in which:
- Girls explore career choices that are not limited by their gender.
- Girls think critically about their economic, social and political environment and actively work for positive change as leaders in the community.
- Girls explore their creativity and self-expression in a setting this is supportive and non-threatening.
- Girls respect and care for themselves in mind, body and spirit.
- Girls embrace all types of diversity within and outside of their community.
- Girls value education as a means to achieve economic independence.
To learn more about Girls Incorporated of Holyoke, visit https://www.girlsincholyoke.org/ or https://www.facebook.com/GirlsIncHolyoke